Gone to the Dogs

I would like to take a few minutes of blogging to introduce you all to my children.  (My 4 legged ones that is).  My two human children are both grown and live far, far away so I don’t expect to see them for the holidays.
Meet Amy and Molly.  Molly is the cutie pretending to be asleep.  Amy is always alert!  They are half sisters, having the same daddy and were born 5 months apart, Molly on 5/31 and Amy on 9/11, both in 2000 so they are 10 years old.
Amy.Molly
In 2002, Amy had babies, and before they were born, my hunnyb and I had planned to keep 1…JUST 1.  Well, after we decided on the chocolate and tan female, Hershey,
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
(isn’t she is such a dainty little girl?)
we just couldn’t let go of the cutest one of all, a tri-color (chocolate, tan and red) male which we named Bruno, cause he is a real chunker.  Broad back and thick legs!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
With 5 additional pups, we were able to sell 4 of them and gave the “Little Bit” to my BIL. 
Three months later, back came this darling little boy and he was so skittish, I couldn’t resell him or even give him away until he had gotten over the trauma of the house he went to.  (I believe he had been abused by the man of the house b/c it took months before he would have anything to do with hunnyb).  He was scared to death of men…
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
So…Nestle became a permanent member of our little household.  (I think of all of them he is the sweetest, and he lets us know when he isn’t getting enough attention…he uses his front paws like hands!)
Then low and behold, BIL moved and couldn’t keep the Little Bit so she came back home too!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
And that, my dear friends is how we came to have 6 Furbabies.  We love them all, but our house is a regular zoo and has literally “Gone to the Dogs” (but don’t tell these 6 they are dogs…they really don’t know)
On the stitching front… I am not going to start anything new until the January challenge starts on 1/1/11 so I have been working on my Army Seal UFO that I was begun probably 8 years ago for my son that was and is still in the Army.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I am almost finished with the inside border and then have to stitch the outside border that is 6 stitches wide all the way around.  Do you think I might finish it by August?? In time for my son’s birthday??
I know I sound silly about my furbabies, but I am also very proud of my two human children, both boys.  The oldest, Ned is a sergeant in the US Army and Robbie  is the Manager of a major home improvement center.  You know when they were teenagers, I didn’t think they would live to see 21! (I threatened homicide often)
So those of you that still have kids at home, take heart, things do get better with time.

4 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

I loved reading about your furbabies! I had a black/white cocker that looked just like your Little Bit. He passed this year at age 16, in his sleep.
I'm sure you'll finish your Army Seal in plenty of time!

gracie said...

Your children are adorable. We know about loving the furbabies. My son and daughter in law are acroos the country...in NW PA, so we will spend the holiday with our Zoe. I am about to post some info about a pet med card...it might be available to you in your area.

Belinda said...

Gorgeous children of yours, I love my 4 legged baby too!! I have a 2 legged baby on the way in January. :-)

Annie said...

Nice to meet the kiddios!

Slow and steady and you'll finish that seal in no time. It's a great piece for your son.

Love that Wizard Quilt piece from a couple of posts back too. The fury bunny part is just too cute!