Crazy January Challenge ~ Day 15

Finally … the final day of the Crazy January Challenge – Starts!

For day 15 I have selected a pattern from the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue by Raise the Roof Designs called ~ Nickademus.  I really don’t know the reason behind the name but it is a simply darling pattern of a Sock Monkey holding a big red heart.  The pattern calls for small button mittens to be stitched on the hands.  I am stitching him on 14 Ct. baby blue Aida with the called for DMC threads.
RaisTheRoof.Nickademus-pic
Here is a snap of the days progress.  I really got a lot done.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Nickademus1.1.15.11

I am stitching a pair of them for a group I am in that is called The Stitching Corp.  It is a group of stitchers that make pairs of Christmas Ornaments each year and the coordinator, Tina mails one of them to a Military Service Member that is deployed and the matching one to his or her family.  Having a son in the Army makes this project something close to my heart.

Now to decide how I want to rotate all these 15 projects in and out to get them finished!

3 comments:

Blu Stitcher said...

My youngest Niece loves sock monkeys, its now a joke in the family, I am going to have to find that pattern and make that for her.



Linda

Karen said...

You have some really great starts for the Challenge! Can't wait to see your finishes.

Love the idea of the Stitching Corp. How would one find out more info about it? Thanks for sharing.

happy stitching...

SoCal Debbie said...

That will make a great ornament! What a wonderful idea to sew 2 at a time. I'm just imagining what it will be like when the soldier and his family can reunite their ornaments!