Round Robin Stitching

I had to put aside my 2011 Challenge pieces this week to stitch on a Round Robin I am in.  It is a group of 6 ladies, 4 in the US and 2 in Europe.  My theme for this RR is Lizzie*Kate’s Green Flip-its.  It is being stitched on 28 Ct. Light Mocha Cashel using the recommended Weeks Dye Works threads. Here is a photo of the completed project as it should be stitched.
2010GreenFlipwithBorder250
And this is a snap of the first section “Plant A Tree” and the border, which says: Be Well~Live Peaceably with the Earth.  There are little Bumble Bees, Red Birds, Fire Flies, Flowers… I just love them!!!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The first project I received to stitch on is Berly’’s.  She sent 4 Lizzie*Kate snippets and 2 patterns by Jodi Evans, which are the first ones I have seen by this designer.  Both of these have a “coffee” theme and I selected one that has variegated threads stitched up in coffee cups called Caffeine.  The variegated threads she included is also new to me called “Six Strand Sweets” by Jessica Burr.  The color is called “Jelly Bean”  and was so fun to stitch !
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Naturally, I ran out of DMC # 307 while stitching the border so it is a trip to Hobby Lobby for one skein of thread…ugh… I hope the dye lot isn’t too off and the color matches or I will be having a visit from the frogs…grrrr..!!!

2 comments:

Blu Stitcher said...

Your projects are looking great. I love the idea of a Round Robin. It sounds like so much fun.


Linda

Sue said...

I love your RR pieces.