Froggie went a stitchin....

Froggie went a stitchin..he did sing ...rippp.ripp......Froggie went a stitchin he did sing rippp.rippp.....

I have been stitching and ripping on the celtic knot needlebook now for 2 days and boy... I thought I could count ... but apparently I can't.  I have stitched huge parts and then ripped them out (carefully cause I love this beautiful hand-dyed floss).  I had hoped to have another photo update to post, but hanging head in shame - and needing to go back to 1st grade to learn how to count  I have not progressed very much. I am on a mission to finish this (both knots) and get this thing whipped into a Needlebook before I start anything else.  And Fridays are UFO day, so I will be working on my Monopoly Board UFO. 

Mondays I will be designating to my Victoria Sampler - Hearts of America.

I did get the floss for my newest Lizzie Kate piece - Dog Lessons for People.  Since my two sons are grown and my at home "kids" are furbabies - Cocker Spaniels - I fell in love with this piece.  Here is a pic of the chart.

 
I ordered the Weeks Dye Works and Crescent Colors Hand-Dyed floss from Joanne at 123Stitch.com and she is so on top of it.  I placed the order on Tuesday and got the threads today (Thursday).  I will stitch it on 32 count "Natural Light" Linen, 2 over 2.  I can't wait to get started on this.  LK also has
this chart in "Cat Lessons for People"
for you cat lovers out there.

2 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about the plague of frogs! But your Monopoly board looks great! Are you going to cover it with glass and use it to play Monopoly when you're done?

Belinda said...

Sorry to hear about the visit from the frogs, it happens to the best of us. :-)

I love LK dog lessons too, can't wait to see your progress on that one.