Wednesday - September, 22


VS - Heart of America
WIP 9.22
VS - Hearts of America
Picture
Today I started yet another project.  I bought the entire collection of the Victorian Sampler's - Hearts of America about 7 years ago.  My intention was to stitch them (ha! all 50 of them) and make them into a patch work quilt.  Well TODAY I finally pulled out one (the Tennessee one - since I live in Tennessee) and egan sttching it.  I think these will go fairly fast, as they are small.  Each state features a Specialty Stitch...Tennessee's is the Chinese Rice Stitch.  I spent about 5 hours stitching (along with doing loads of laundry between) and got the state flower done (the Iris).  Here is a scan of my WIP on it.  I think the flower turned our really pretty!. 

I usually don't stitch kits as you can't always predict the floss quality, but I believe these have DMC cotton floss which is what I usually stitch with. 
The chart has the colors listed as DMC and it feels like DMC. 

Last night I worked on my Monopoly Board piece that is about half finished.  It began as a Round Robin I did back in 2003, but we had 3 people of a 8 person RR drop out so it has been in my UFO box.  While chatting with a fellow stitcher, she commented on the military piece she had done for her brother (I have the Army Emblem about 3/4th finished that I am doing for my son) and her Monopoly Board that she did for another family member.  This got me to thinking about my pieces, so I got them out.  Last night I finished the "In Jail" corner.  Whew ... had to frog a bit on the piece also as one stitcher started the big MONOPOLY emblem in the center and I discovered it was not centered correctly.  I hope there won't be a dark spot where I had to pull black threads out of the white fabric after it is washed.  I must remember to use Oxyclean on it.

No comments: