October 14, 2010 - Part Deux

I spent this morning in my sewing room (not to be confused with my Lazy Boy stitching chair) putting finishing touches on my piece by Moon Pi Madness ~ The Witch is In…..
I painted a decorative plaque (from Michaels) bright orange.  Then I mounted the stitched piece on a piece of padded core board and glued black satin ribbon that I ruffled to the back.  Slapped that onto the plaque with a hot glue gun and added a piece of the black satin ribbon for a hanger… Isn’t it cute ??

My second favorite thing to do is Blog Hop !!  In my wanderings across the WWW I have found another fun giveaway at “Cat’s”  Kitty Cat Cross Stitching Blog .  She is having 2 drawings on October 20th, so dash over and read her blog.  But don’t enter… I need all the chances I can get!

This afternoon I started a new Victoria Sampler Heart  ~ Georgia.  The specialty stitch for this one is the Ribbed Spider Web Stitch .  Reading the instructions for this stitch is some what confusing.  But I will persevere.  I am still waiting on a fabric order from Joann at 123 Stitch to begin my Lizzie Kate’s Dog Rules for People” .  As I was digging around in my sewing room I found the cutest piece of fabric to finish it with.  It is a medium blue with different colored dog bones printed on it.  I think I will make a quilted wall hanging with it.. What do you think?


2 comments:

Terry said...

Love how you finished The Witch Is In!!! Great job!

SoCal Debbie said...

Your Witch Is In sign is super cute! Great job!