October 16, 2010

Well, yesterday was a busy day ~ and I had very little time to stitch on my Monopoly or Army Emblem.  I had lots of errands to run and along with a trip to Hobby Lobby for finishing fabric, WalMart for just, you know, WalMart stuff, my brother's place to drop off some things he needed (he is staying at a rehab center - uh rehabing-which is another story altogether), laundry and a girlfriend's house to pick up school fund raiser stuff I ordered from her daughter, I spent about 2 hours at the car dealership service department getting all the stuff that was needed ~ you know, oil change, air filter, new wiper blades ~ all that stuff they stick you with when you take your car in for just an oil change.  Oh, I haven’t mentioned that I am going to be a Racquetball Widow from this Monday until next Monday.  I am doing excited happy dances  really going to miss my HunnyB while he is away in Minneapolis.  You know, I won’t get to cook dinner every night and do dishes – instead I will have to just sit and cross stitch and watch movies.  What a dull time… Anyway, back to my day yesterday.  I had the car serviced and was told it needed tires…  (I drive a 2004 Ford Explorer-not the Mini Cooper I would love to be sporting around in)… so after spending 2 hours at in the dealership service department, I headed over to the tire center to spend another 2 hours waiting to get new tires.  Then to the car wash to have my baby bathed.  Oh, I didn’t mention that HunnyB is taking MY car out of town and leaving me with the BIG BLUE LOUD MONSTER TRUCK!! 

 Anyway, back to my stitching for Friday.  My two WIP/UFO’s are too big to carry around on errands with me so I had to start another piece. It was a rather small one that was designed by three ladies that own my LNS ~ Jan, Margie & Nina. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Sadly Nina passed away several years ago due to Breast Cancer.  The piece titled “Hearts of Hope” is stitched on 32 ct. linen in shades of Green and Mauve.  I bought the kit probably 8 years ago and it has been lying neglected  boxed carefully in my sewing room with about 20 other kits I bought around the same time.  All of them are cute, quick to stitch pieces that can be made into pillows, stand-ups or flat folds. The pattern was designed to make into a Needle Roll, but I think instead I am going to finish it as a flat fold.  I bought this really cute pink tiny heart print fabric




OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         to finish this piece
that I stitched up this week as a Christmas gift for my water aerobics instructor.  It is a so cute freebie pattern from Sue Hillis Designs.  There is also one that says "Put on your Big Boy Shorts and deal with it" that I need to stitch for my HunnyB.  Anyway, I think the fabric will be perfect for the Hearts of Hope piece also and it will make up into a really cute flat fold. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         The other piece I completed stitching on is a really darling Thanksgiving piece ~ Give Thanks ~ the A in Thanks is replaced with a cute little ceramic Turkey Button.  I think I will try to find some small print Thanksgiving like (or fall print) fabric and make this into a ruffled throw pillow…Any other  suggestions ??

Missy-13 days of Halloween giftOn another happy note, I received my goodies from Missy.  I believe I have mentioned that I won the 8th day in Missy & Annette’s 31 days of Halloween.  I got a darling pin pillow that Missy stitched on silver/grey linen.  She backed it with black velvet fabric and added beaded dangles all around with black spiders dangling down and stuck in a little pumpkin counting pin.  She also sent a black spider floss bobbin with red DMC wound, and a bag of Halloween Candy.  Soooo exciting !!!

The last bit of news for 2day is that I received my Round Robin piece from Tina and am in a quandary as to what to stitch.  She sent two pieces, a Mystery/Halloween piece and a Down by the Sea piece.  They are incomplete RR’s that she was wanting to get filled up.  What should I stitch ??  The Mystery/Halloween piece ?? The Down by the Sea piece ?? OR  stitch something on both pieces ??

2 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

I love reading all your updates. Sorry you spent HOURS with the car! I think you should stitch the Halloween RR. Happy October!

Anonymous said...

Well, you certainly had a very busy day....your package from Missy arrived just at the right time. Since I am still new to the blog adventures, I am not sure what a Round Robin is, but I am sure you can do both and it will turn out great..you have the energy, that's for sure!!!!! Have a relaxing day today.
gracie